Picture this: After a day that felt like a marathon, all you dream of is a steamy, relaxing shower. But as fate would have it, your water heater has decided to take an unscheduled holiday. Now you’re left shivering, thoughts racing to find a quick fix. Before you frantically search for “water heater repair near me,” let’s take a breather. Panic-searching might bring a plumber to your doorstep, but will they be the right fit?
Your Home’s Unsung Hero: The Water Heater
Think of your water heater as a silent, steadfast companion in your home, working behind the scenes to provide comfort. It’s essential for everything from a relaxing bath to a sink full of dishes, and even those loads of laundry that never seem to end. Today’s water heaters aren’t just functional; they’re sophisticated and varied in design, offering solutions tailored to your unique needs and home setup.
Picking the Perfect Water Heater
Choosing the right water heater is like picking the perfect pair of shoes – it needs to fit just right. It’s a balancing act between family size, water usage, and, of course, your budget. From the steadfast tank water heaters to the sleek tankless ones, and even the versatile hybrid models, there’s a fit for everyone.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Navien’s NPE-240A2 Tankless Water Heater
- AO-Smith’s Proline Gas Tank Water Heaters
- AO-Smith’s Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters
Why Your Water Heater Needs TLC
Just like any home appliance, your water heater thrives on attention and care. Over time, neglect can lead to various issues — from sediment buildup affecting efficiency to leaks causing damage and high utility bills. Regular maintenance isn’t just a suggestion; it’s essential to extend the lifespan of your unit and ensure it operates safely and effectively.
Our experts recommend:
- Testing Water Pressure (every 6 months): High water pressure can strain your water heater and plumbing fixtures, leading to potential damage over time. You can perform this check yourself using a pressure gauge. Your water pressure should be between 40-60 psi. If your water pressure gauge reads above 60 psi consistently, consider adding a pressure-reducing valve to protect your system.
- Maintaining a Safe Temperature Setting: Set your water heater to a safe temperature for safety and energy efficiency. We recommend a setting between 120°F to 125°F. You can safely go slightly higher, depending on whether there are children in the home and the types of faucets you use. For faucets with separate hot and cold handles, it’s best to avoid higher temperatures to prevent the risk of burning yourself. Single-handle faucets, which mix the hot and cold water, are less of a concern, but maintaining a moderate temperature is still recommended for safety and to conserve energy.
- Performing Regular Inspections: Check your water heater regularly for moisture buildup, corrosion, or other signs of potential issues. Pay close attention to the connections at the top of the tank, as these are common areas for leaks and corrosion to develop. You can perform this inspection yourself as part of your home maintenance routine, or we can take care of it for you during a scheduled service call.
- Cleaning the Intake Screen (for gas water heaters): If you have a gas water heater, periodically check and clean the intake screen. This screen can become clogged with dust and debris, which can block the air flow needed to operate safely and efficiently. Use a vacuum to clean the intake scream, ensuring that the heather can breathe properly.
Why Professional Care Matters
When it comes to water heater repair service, it’s not just about fixing a problem; it’s about ensuring safety, efficiency, and peace of mind. With Fix & Flow, you’re not just getting a service; you’re gaining a partner in home care. Our team of experts ensures:
Minimal Disruption: Our preventative maintenance and quick problem solving mean less downtime for you.
Safety First: We don’t just fix issues, we ensure your water heater is working properly—protecting you from potential hazards.
Experience: Our team of experts love what they do, so they quickly take care of what you call for and offer advice and insights to help you make informed decisions.
Tailored Solutions: We understand that modern problems need modern solutions, so we stay ahead of industry trends to provide you with superior service you can count on.
With our commitment to quality, responsive service, and a personal touch, we’re redefining what it means to be the best plumbers in Atlanta. Whether it’s an installation, emergency repair, or an upgrade, Fix & Flow is here to make sure your home remains the cozy haven it should be.